AGE APPROPRIATE CLOTHING



I find that ladies dress pretty much the same across all ages nowadays. Crop tops are suitable for 14 year old girls and suitable for 40 year old women, however there should be a difference in how we style them. As a mother and a woman in my 30's I prefer crop tops which reveal a little skin and preferably covering my navel or sometimes not showing skin at all as seen in the picture above so I usually wear high waist jeans, pants or skirts. It's my personal preference but there are ladies my age or even older who look great in crop tops revealing the navel, especially ladies who are well toned and have abs to die for.

Take a look at Kim K's dress sense, it is very youthful and quite similar to how her younger sister (Kylie) dresses but she looks amazing in fact they both do. This for me proves that we're wearing the same things despite the age difference, we just style them differently.


I’ve heard of “age appropriate clothing”  but should we really restrict ourselves because of our age?
Times have changed, 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20, at least that's how I see it.
I remember thinking 30 was old when I was younger, now I'm over thirty and don't feel old at all.
As much as you should look "appropriate" for your age, I believe you should wear what you're comfortable in and of course it would be a concern if you dress as though you're stuck in your childhood.

 I do believe with each stage of your life you must  “act accordingly”  but this is very subjective as we don’t have the same principles, what is deemed suitable to one person may be inappropriate to another. Though I love to wear revealing clothes, there are clothes or items I wouldn’t wear as I feel they make me look a lot younger, in addition I don't own a pair of flat pumps I look 16 in those lol . People who know me well are aware that I don't like to look younger than my age, perhaps this has something to do with my husband being 10 years older than me and having children who are not so little any more.

 What inspired this topic is that I usually avoid clothes which would make me look younger. But who doesn’t want to look younger you may ask?
I’m a very petite lady and I find there are clothes that make me look 10 years younger or sometimes like a teenager (that’s of course if you don't spot my fine wrinkles ) If you're wondering how old I am, I'm only 34 :-)

The outfit I'm wearing here is  youthful, It isn't my usual look  but sometimes I like to be casual. You will seldom find me in flat shoes though (my poor feet) I'm worried that this could have a negative affect in the long run but for now I'll enjoy wearing my heels, mind you I've been wearing heels since I was 11 years old.





Thanks for reading this blog post, below are outfit details:

IVY Park crop sweater ___________________ Topshop South Africa
R829

Tights_______________________________ Legit
R79,99

Perspex peep toe boots______________________ THEFIX
R399

Backpack______________________________ Colette by Colette Hayman
R729,50

Photographer___________________________ Lazola Gum @laz_photgraphy_cpt

Stylist__________________________________ Patricia Dolz @divadolz

Comments

  1. Hi Dear

    I have read your post and it's very interesting post. I have achieved valuable thoughts from your post.


    We wanna service Offered you online Shop for handmade leather bags in South Africa. handmade leather belts South Africa We provide a designer bag, genuine leather bags, and accessories with affordable prices. ✓The perfect leather bag just for you!



    If you would like more information, Click Now





    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts